CHEMICAL HAZARDS ENGINEERING FUNDAMENTALS (CHEF) WORKSHOP
09:00 AM - 05:30 PM | 28 - 30 JUNE 2023 | SAYAJI HOTEL, VADODARA
CHEF Workshop Introduction
1) CHEF is made available through the collaborative efforts of the center for chemical process safety (CCPS) and the European Process Safety centre (EPSC) using the foundational tools donated for global use by the DOW chemical company.
2) CHEF includes an Excel calculation aid to help users understand and utilize the – correlations used to model and evaluate the estimated airborne quantities, vapor dispersions, and explosion over pressures and their impact.
3) These helps the users to help an organization to prioritize its overall process safety risks- a bridge between the qualitative approach and quantitative approach – before it invests in complex, detailed quantitative hazards and risk assessments (e.g., Quantitative Risk Assessments, QRAs).
The outcomes of the training are
- Understand the benefits and usage of RAST / CHEF tool
- Refresh the fundamentals of chemical hazards
- Recognizing compliance and safety requirement
- Knowing when to ask help from a Process Safety Expert
- Improved process safety program management